Saturday, June 30, 2018

Learning About the International Early Childhood Field






I found this last eight weeks that collaborating with my colleagues has many benefits as we grow in this profession as the learning was enriched by their new insights.  The course took me on a journey in which a very much took to heart because coming from a Hispanic background, a minority and a woman learning of the field in early childhood internationally helped me in my personal development.  I learned that poverty affects the education of children and the opportunities are limited for these children.  Poverty really affects the child’s development physically, socially, and emotionally.  I believe that the lack of education of parents as well as the social injustices has affected many families all over the world.   
                Three areas that I believe I learned form the international early childhood field are awareness, being sensitive, and knowing how to appreciate other cultures.  We need to become aware that there are many children living in poverty and that overall will affect their healthy development.  At the same time, we must become sensitive to the hardships of these children living in poverty and find ways to support them by connecting them with organization that can help them.  Finally, it is important to appreciate all walks of life no matter their background and customs.  




                One goal that I would like to work on is building relationships with the community and getting involved.  It is also important to get families involved in the community, so they can learn and understand that they have the support of many.  As an educator I believe that it is vital for us to get involved with the community so families can also see the importance of being part of a community.

No comments:

Post a Comment

EDUC -6990 Capstone Week 8

Time Well Spent       As I reflect on my educational throughout every course, I took at Walden University I believe it was all a tim...