Sunday, August 19, 2018




    1.   I would start by researching the country of Africa to make sure I know what they are accustomed to including their values and norms, so I can be able to communicate in a respectful manner.
    2.  I would incorporate in my classroom the culture in Africa on the board that I have all the other children’s cultures. I would ask them to bring something to the class that I can also put on that board that will share with us something about their culture.
    3.  I will make sure that I have an interpreter, so I am able to communicate in case the family do not speak English.  I want to make sure that we are communicating so I can make them feel welcomed
    4.  I would invite them to the classroom, so they could share with us a bit about their background, so we can all learn directly from them about their cultures.
    5.  I will make sure that I do not cross any boundaries and respect their culture.

         The benefits of preparing before I meet the family and learn what I can about their cultures and beliefs will show that I have an interest in their child and the family as well.  It will also show to them that I respect their culture and that learning more about who they are will open the lines of communication.  I will make them feel welcome and cared for if I show that I have taken the time to learn about their cultures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

EDUC -6990 Capstone Week 8

Time Well Spent       As I reflect on my educational throughout every course, I took at Walden University I believe it was all a tim...