Saturday, September 22, 2018

Communication








Do you find yourself communicating differently with people from different groups and cultures?
I do believe that I communicate differently with people from different groups.  First of all, when  I communicate with my colleagues at work I make sure that I am professional and that I do not say anything that would offend anyone.  Although I am not the type to offend people with my words.  However, I do see myself being and keeping a professional conversation at work versus when I am with friends in a more comfortable environment I communicate with them different and can joke and laugh at our conversations.  As to people from other cultures I am very careful when saying things because I do not want to offend them.  I also know that some people do not like to hear another spoken language that they don’t know so I am careful to speak Spanish around people that do not understand the language.  I do not want to  make them upset or make them think that I am speaking about them because that is the misconception of many people thinking that  we are talking bad about them in another language.  







 There are many different communication styles that I use when speaking to colleagues is more    professional as when  I am speaking to my children I use more loving manner showing them how        much I love them or when I speak to my husband it is in a more romantic way.  Even when we            communicate with text or social media is different nonverbal communication from spoken              words. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

EDUC -6990 Capstone Week 8

Time Well Spent       As I reflect on my educational throughout every course, I took at Walden University I believe it was all a tim...