Saturday, September 15, 2018

Non-Verbal Communication vs. Verbal Communication






 

Non-Verbal Communication

                I was asked to choose an episode from a television show and looked over the way in which they were communicating without listening to the sound. The conversation was taking place over diner and Amy and Sheldon were sitting eating while having a conversation.   I noticed that Sheldon was doing all the talking while Amy was not doing much of an eye contact and just continued eating. She did not seem engaged in the conversation.  After Sheldon got up and went to the refrigerator I then noticed that all of a sudden, Amy became very engaged in the conversation and she started to move her hands as she spoke, and her facial expression seemed to portray as a concerned person.  He seemed to be very expressive by moving his hands a lot as well and his entire body and his facial expressions were very noticeable.   At the end of the video I noticed that Amy hit the table and said something in a very frustrated manner her facial expression showed that she was upset.  I then noticed that Sheldon was in shock and became quiet and his facial expression was of someone that felt nervous.  

Verbal Communication

                As I listened to the conversation between both I could interpret that the Amy was not engage in the conversation, so my assumption was correct.  I believe that we could tell so much about non-verbal communication without having to know the person or a show so I do not think that my assumptions would have changed since non-verbal communication can really be perceived. 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

EDUC -6990 Capstone Week 8

Time Well Spent       As I reflect on my educational throughout every course, I took at Walden University I believe it was all a tim...