Sunday, May 13, 2018


Expanding Horizons / Expanding Resources









I explored the website Save the Children and I was really touched by what this organization does not only in the US but globally.  As they say the are on the ground helping 120 countries and their focus is on education, health, disaster relief and protection.  I was very intrigued by looking more into each of the areas they are supporting but the are I put my eyes on was children’s education.  This organization has helped more then 13.8 million children all over the world to have an opportunity to learn.  In the US they have helped over 124,000 children in 16 different states as well as their focus is in literacy programs and what a blessing that they have been able to provide over 400,000 books to children that are in the need of learning how to read.  I am so impressed with this organization and would love to join in their efforts to help children in need.







I remember when I was a child I attended a Head Start Preschool, so I was very interested in continue to revisit the National Head Start Association so I can continue to learn more about the programs and services they offer.  I really like how they mention that professional people today like educators, lawyers, artists, doctors they once were part of this community when children and these were their first steps to acquiring a life-long learning.  

https://www.naeyc.org/
https://www.savethechildren.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment

EDUC -6990 Capstone Week 8

Time Well Spent       As I reflect on my educational throughout every course, I took at Walden University I believe it was all a tim...