Saturday, May 19, 2018


Sharing Web Resources







The organization I decided to follow is NHSA National Head Start Association.  They are a non profit organization that have been committed and believe that every child will succeed.  This organization has been the voice for more than 1 million children.  They have been working in supporting kids since 1974 in all 50 States.  Their model is not only to support children but to support their families and the community.  

Mission and Vision
“NHSA's vision is to lead - to be the untiring voice that will not be quiet until every vulnerable child is served with the Head Start model of support for the whole child, the family and the community - and to advocate - to work diligently for policy and institutional changes that ensure all vulnerable children and families have what they need to succeed. NHSA's mission is to coalesce, inspire, and support the Head Start field as a leader in early childhood development and education” (NHSA, 2018).
One of the campaigns that really grabbed my attention what the “Head Start Transformation Storytelling Campaign” So what they do is chose one family that has been transformed in one year.  These families must show how Head Start impacted and transformed their lives.  I like that fact that they chose one family from every state.
I was so impressed to learn that NHSA works to connects with 33 million Head Start alumni that have graduated from the program since the year 1965.  They do a national campaign that promotes Head Start Alumni, so parents and graduates can share their powerful stories.  I was just thinking that I am a graduate of a Head Start program and would love to share my story as well. 










1 comment:

  1. Janet,
    I totally agree with you about the NHSA being a great program helping children and families succeed. I’m happy that we have early childhood programs like head start to not only provide families with care, but with struggles in everyday life such as food assistance and transportation. I worked in head start in flint,MI and because of the water crisis we gave out packs of water to families in need. I’m happy to hear that head start graduates are more likely to graduate. I think with all of these good things with head start, we should look at regular childcare as well and the type of care they are getting. All children deserve a high quality preschool education and I think childcare needs a lot of improvement. I know this because there is a huge difference in the quality of head start and regular childcare. My question is why?

    Thank you for sharing!
    Mellissa early

    ReplyDelete

EDUC -6990 Capstone Week 8

Time Well Spent       As I reflect on my educational throughout every course, I took at Walden University I believe it was all a tim...