Saturday, June 16, 2018

Sharing Web Resources




As I explored Care website I came across the page Women & Children in Emergencies.  It was sad to learn that when there are disasters like earthquakes, floods, any natural disaster the need for medical care, shelter and food are the greatest need so human trafficking becomes a real problem and who suffer are women and children.  Women that are pregnant face dangerous deliveries while girls become the target of sexual harassment and rape.   What Care organization is trying to do if put a special focus and women and girls when natural disasters come about.  I really like how Care is trying to include gender into emergency responses this way they have a balance between men, women, boys and girls. 

I found that Care is really focusing on helping and supporting gender equality and making sure that women and girls are protected.   They are providing equity in restoring women and girl as well as families to recover and fulfill their potential.

No comments:

Post a Comment

EDUC -6990 Capstone Week 8

Time Well Spent       As I reflect on my educational throughout every course, I took at Walden University I believe it was all a tim...