Saturday, October 6, 2018

Resolving Conflict




I recently had a conflict or I would say more of a misunderstanding with my husband about something that was not really worth getting into an argument about.  In studying this week’s material and the 3 R’s of Respect, Response, and Relationship it made me think about how me knowing these 3 R’s before our conflict I know that I would have handled things differently.  This week I have gone through and eye opening in reminding me that I should treat people as I want to be treated.  Respect is shown to treat people as you would like to be treated so I know that from now on I will remember to treat my husband as I want to be treated.  Also, relationship came to mind because having a positive relationship with my husband will lead to a healthier and positive kinship between the both of us. 


I am actually the type of person that will avoid any type of conflict except when it comes to my husband and not agreeing on something.  I know that my husband and I can have very productive conflicts what will allow us to exchange our ideas and clarify how we both think and at the end we help each other with coming up with a resolution that we both are happy with.  Ultimately, I believe that we must handle a conflict with respect and this is when I can surely say that NVC will help with expressing our inner guide to dialogue without blaming or judging others. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

EDUC -6990 Capstone Week 8

Time Well Spent       As I reflect on my educational throughout every course, I took at Walden University I believe it was all a tim...