Saturday, October 13, 2018

The Adjourning Phase




Adjourning is the stage in which a project is coming to an end and the team members are moving off into different directions.  Sometimes when a group has built a knit group sadness is felt when separating and moving on to other projects. (Abudi, 2010).





                 I can remember working on my bachelors and making great friends.  These are the friends that I made while working in groups in several of the classes we took together.  It was very sad to say goodbye to many of them because I knew that they were moving back home, and it would not be the same again.  I know that I made it through graduation because of them and I many times we said that to each other.  We were there for each other through thick and thin and we supported each other with no judgements.  I believe that the high-performing group was the hardest to leave because that is where we built the strongest relationships and became friends as well.  


                The closing rituals we went through was shopping for our graduation clothes, having dinners, graduation night we took many pictures, we had a dinner after graduation and in the morning we all got together for breakfast.  It was hard to say good-bye to each other. We cried, hugged, and laughed at the same time. 



                I feel that online education is so much different because we don’t see people face to face so sometimes building relationships is harder.  I do have to say that I have taken several courses with the same students and I have followed their blogs and discussion and I have to say that I have enjoyed as well as I have learned from them.  So, saying good-bye to following their posts will be hard because I will no longer hear their voices through their writing.








References
Abudi, G. (2010). The five stages of team development: A case study. Retrieved from http://www.projectsmart.co.uk/the-five-stages-of-team-development-a-case-study.html

2 comments:

  1. Janet, it sounds like you had an amazing time in college! I've always heard people say that they form some of their greatest friendships while in college. I'm sure it was difficult leaving them behind but I'm also sure you've formed some great bonds with people since graduation. I decided to pursue my undergraduate degree online after I had my daughter. I wasn't able to form a relationship with my peers but I am grateful for the time I was able to spend with my daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janet,
    I just wanted to say thank you for your valuable input throughout our courses together. It has been nice to have a familiar name in my discussion and blog groups. Even though we have not met face to face, I feel that we still have a connection through our online learning and collaboration. I appreciate your input and thoughtfulness when answering my posts and blog entries. I wish you well in your future endeavors. Feel free to connect with me through my blog anytime!
    Trish

    ReplyDelete

EDUC -6990 Capstone Week 8

Time Well Spent       As I reflect on my educational throughout every course, I took at Walden University I believe it was all a tim...