Saturday, September 23, 2017

My Personal Childhood Web



The first person that I remember as part of my childhood web is my oldest sister. I can remember having bad dreams and going into her room and asking her if I could sleep with her in twin bed.  She was always so comforting she would always make sure that I felt safe and secure.  I remember that she would take the time to help me with my homework, she liked to take me out to the park and would push me on the swings.  She showed me how to roller skate and would take me roller skating.  Although we have grown apart because we live so far from each other I will never forget the awesome things she did for me and will forever be grateful for being part of my childhood memories.





The second person that was part of my childhood web was one of my aunts.  I remember going to church with her and after church she would always take me to eat ice cream.  She sewed many of my dresses to participate in school activities so it made me feel very special because she liked to be involve in with my school activities.  One of the things that I can still remember is coming to her home and she had the best spaghetti ever.  She knew it was my favorite food so she would make it every time I visited her.  Sadly, she passed away at a very young age.



The third person that was also part of my childhood web was my grandfather.  He made the best fresh lemonade and his special toast.  My grandpa would take me to the circus and to play at the park.  He loved telling me stories when he was a kid.  My mother would hate for me to get dirty while playing and I can still vividly remember him telling my mom “Elsa dejala jugar y explorar que tiene que se ensucie es una nina para eso excite el agua”  (Elsa, let her play and explore she is girl and that is why water exists).  My mom would be so upset when showering me she always told me this is the last time I’m gonna let your grandpa take you out playing.  Of course, with my grandpa living with us she never stuck to her word and I am happy she didn’t because I had so much fun playing with him.  My grandpa passed away of colon cancer at our home so it was very sad to see him go.  I still miss him to this day but cherish in my heart all the great times we spent together.  He made me believe in myself and to be a strong person.  He was a very wise man that gave me courage to explore the world around me.  
 


The fourth person in my childhood web is my church school teacher. She was very kind and caring.  I remember how much patience she had with me when trying to teach me something new or a memory verse.  She was very fun and liked for me to have fun as well.  I will never forget the day she taught me how to tie my shoes.  I was wearing some cute girly shoes with laces.  As I walked in to the room she noticed my laces were on done so she took the time to teach me how to tie them. She knew how much I loved painting lady bugs so as a reward she gave me a lady bug.  Her stories about the bible were awesome and I can truly say that I got to know the stories so well that those are the stories that I shared with my kids when they were little.  She became a role model in my life.   She sadly also passed away at a very young age to cancer.









The fifth person that was part of my childhood web was my cousin.  He was an only child and didn’t have anyone to play with so he treated me as his little sister.  He was very protective and took care of me.  He showed me how to play with marbles. I remember his huge collections of marbles and I loved to play with them. Actually, I was the only cousin that he allowed to play with his marbles.   He had a huge collection of marbles that he kept in a coffee rusty tin, and I was the only one that he allowed to play with them.  I was a very shy girl when I was little and my cousin always tried to give me confidence to make new friends.  He seemed to know what to say because he gave me that confidence I needed to feel more assertive with myself.  I believe he influenced my life in a positive way because now a day it I can make friends easily and I have him to thank.    




2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a close family. I especially love the story about your grandfather. No way was your mother going to win over him! He reminds me of my father with my oldest daughter. I never won either. His word was golden. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the relationship you had with your older sister. I have two older sisters and I wasn't able to have a relationship with them due to us not living together. So you say guys grown apart due to living so far apart. How often to you get to see each other now?

    ReplyDelete

EDUC -6990 Capstone Week 8

Time Well Spent       As I reflect on my educational throughout every course, I took at Walden University I believe it was all a tim...