Saturday, March 16, 2019

EDUC 6990 Capstone - Week 2


Exploring Roles in the ECE Community: Local and State Levels

As I started to explore different organizations the ones that inspire me to continue with my passion in early childhood education are the following:

1. Association for Childhood Education International (ACEI)
This international association is designed to encourage the education of all children. It works with children from birth to their teenage years. Through the organization, educators can get the support and professional resources that they need. The ACEI provides the latest information about best practices in early childhood education. There are also grants, awards and scholarships to help educators learn more about the field.  I found this organization as one that I look forward to continue following because I love the fact that it is a global community in which educators are advocating for children and teenagers to make sure that a difference is made in this society.
2. National Head Start Association (NHSA)
This is one of the professional early childhood education associations that is devoted specifically to Head Start children. The NHSA is designed to support the Head Start community through training and professional development. It performs research, releases the latest information and provides resources for educators. The underlying goal of the NHSA is to strengthen Head Start services through training and advocating for specific policy changes. My interest for this association is because I want to continue furthering my education and stay abreast of all the changes so it is vital to continue professional development.
3. Council for Exceptional Children (CEC)
If you work with gifted children, this is the right organization for you. The Council for Exceptional Children is the largest international association for this purpose. It includes more than 30,000 members and offers professional development opportunities. Members of the organization receive CEC publications and can take part in 17 special interest divisions. In addition, the CEC offers leadership positions as well as extensive networking opportunities.  I am very interested in this organization because I love working with gifted children so I know that through professional development I would be able to learn more on how to support gifted children.

Job Opportunity I would be interested in is at:

Los Medanos College as a Child/Development/Early Childhood Education Adjunct Instructor
The successful candidate must meet one of the following criteria:
1. Master’s degree or higher in child development, early childhood education, human development, home economics/family and consumer studies with a specialization in child development/early childhood education, educational psychology with a specialization in child development/early education from an accredited college or university; OR
2. A combination of education and experience that is at least the equivalent of items 1 or 2 above (Applicants applying on the basis of equivalency must complete all Equivalency questions on their application in addition to all other required materials).
3. Sensitivity to and understanding of, the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
4. Bilingual and biliteracy skills.

References


No comments:

Post a Comment

EDUC -6990 Capstone Week 8

Time Well Spent       As I reflect on my educational throughout every course, I took at Walden University I believe it was all a tim...